Baby Wisdom was first launched as a website and Social Media platform to support new parents in 2012, by qualified Breastfeeding Counsellors Anne Jeffery and Katie Ellis. Between them Anne and Katie have 25 years experience of working with antenatal and postnatal parents and in particular with breastfeeding parents.
Both Anne and Katie are trained breastfeeding counsellors (trained by NCT ) and are qualified and experienced Breastfeeding Train the Trainers , providing training and supervision to mothers who wish to become breastfeeding peer supporters.
Anne and Katie have worked previously for the NCT and also for the NHS training breastfeeding peer supports and running drop in breastfeeding support cafes. Both support mothers and fathers providing breastfeeding education before their baby/babies are born and supporting new mums and dads on their breastfeeding journey once their little one has arrived.
Anne is a registered nurse and health visitor with an honours degree in public Health and currently works part time within the NHS community setting.
NHS Preparation for Childbirth and Beyond classes.
- A certified HypnoBirthing practitioner with The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme
- An NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor
- An Active Birth teacher, teaching pregnancy and postnatal yoga. Taught by Janet Balaskas of the Active Birth Centre and is an Associate of the Active Birth Centre
- A birth Doula/birth companion, trained by Dr Michel Odent and Lillianna Lammers Doula, and a member of Doula UK
- Prior to her work with families, Anne was the senior nurse managing a busy accident and emergency facility for many years